Tuesday, April 27, 2010

SUMMERFEST 2010

Sierra Nevada Summerfest 2010 (5%): This is a pilsner-style lager from the US. Each years batch varies just a slight bit but always seems to have that unique crisp hoppy finish. A tad light for my taste, but thats mainly because my pallet has switched a bit to favor the more hops-heavy IPA styled lagers these days. Still, for a light summer beer - Summerfest really cant be beat. Its on the verge of being a high enough percentile to get you a little tipsy as well which is a bonus.

Final notes:
  • Extremely drinkable...almost too easy.
  • Light, but still has a nice bitter hoppy bite to it.
  • In the Nothern Cali areas closer to Sacramento, this beer only goes for around $6.50 at your local market!

Grade: A-



3 comments:

  1. Dope review ! I only tried the regular Sierra Nevada on tap. Next time I'm in the States, I'll try to find this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a seasonal beer, so you'll have to be here in the summer to get to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correct! I might go to Boston in August so ... maybe I'll find it there.

    ReplyDelete