Saturday, July 24, 2010

Boddingtons Pub Ale

So I'm browsing the beer section today, looking for something to satisfy my taste buds, when I see this thing called Boddingtons Pub Ale. Imported all the way from England, it says that it's specially made to preserve that "pub/tap" feel to it, something like that. Always looking for something new to try (I'm talking about beer you sick bastards), I decided to give it a shot. I bought a 4-pack of 440ml tall cans of the stuff:




















The 4 cans were in my fridge. Were. And guess what? They're all gone now. That's how much I enjoyed this nice ale, a smooth taste, very light on the palette, but a nice creamy head. They even provide instructions on the back to tell you how you should chill and serve it! I mean c'mon, it doesn't get better than that!

So I poured it into a tall glass, tilted of course, and watched as the whole thing was engulfed in a creamy-like concoction. After about a minute, that's when the head formed and the perfect looking glass was there in front of my eyes, so I quickly grabbed the glass, took in the scent and then my first sip.... Ahhh nice and smooth.

I highly recommend this if you prefer a light, smooth beer. When I say "light" I mean that it has a light taste but after drinking all four I'm feeling a nice buzz, so by no means is it a light beer a.k.a. pussy beer.

  • Light, smooth taste
  • Creamy head
  • Great beer experience

Grade: A

2 comments:

  1. Nice review,

    I almost bought Boddingtons twice, but the ABV kinda discouraged me ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stuff is tasty, Ive bought this a few times....

    ReplyDelete