Monday, February 6, 2012

LABATT BLUE DRY 8.1

Labatt Blue Dry 8.1 (8.1%): a malt liquor from Canada. For some reason I was pretty sure I had reviewed this already (see the review for the 6.1 % variant here). Anyways I was in the mood for a 40, .... yes I'm a gangsta.


  • Pours a fairly light golden liquid. Carbonation is pretty high.
  • Has a slight cereal aroma. 
  • Definitely has that Canadian "metal taste".
  • Sweat corn-like aftertaste (not disgusting I must say).
  • Mega buzz , but hey it's quite normal with such a high ABV.
  • I don't know about that bottle design/label. Looks okay I guess.


Verdict: better than the 6.1% variant. Decent for that particular style. 


Grade: B-




1 comment:

  1. Labatt Blue Dry 8.1 does it all for me. The taste suits me totally and the quick buzz is a plus.

    ReplyDelete